Results & Destinations

Sixth Form success through adversity

After the second Covid-19-related school closure, students across the nation were awarded their final grades after sitting a range of internally assessed examinations and coursework.

Despite the disruption to their education in Year 12 and Year 13, 94% of our students are now studying for a degree at university, with the other 6% embarking on exciting apprenticeships, further education, employment or taking a gap year.

Incredible Russell Group success

Barnhill Sixth Form is celebrating outstanding Russell Group success. 46 students (32% of Year 13) secured places at prestigious Russell Group Universities (the UK’s top 24 universities) and they did so with the most incredible final grades:

Top tip from a Barnhill Alumni student currently studying Computer Science at Cambridge University:

Mohamed Omar: “You have to be willing to improve, listen to what went wrong and practice in these areas so that you can improve your weak points in a subject. Have the willingness to improve even if things look like they aren’t turning out well."