Results & Destinations
Sixth Form success through adversity
After the first Covid-19 national lockdown students across the nation were awarded their centre assessed grades and were not required to sit summer external examinations.
Despite the disruption to their education in Year 13, 87% of our students are now studying for a degree at university, with 8% embarking on exciting apprenticeships, further education or work and the remaining 5% taking a gap year.
Unprecedented Oxbridge success
In a first for the school we take great pride in congratulating two Year 13 pupils who will now move on to study at Oxford and Cambridge this year.
- Adel Abdereshed attained A*A*A*A*A* in Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics and Further Mathematics. He will read Biochemistry (Molecular and Cellular) at the University of Oxford (Brasenose College).
- Mohamed Omar attained A*A*A*A* in Mathematics, Further Mathematics, Physics and Philosophy & Ethics. He will read Computer Science at the University of Cambridge (Christ's College).
Top tip from a top student:
Mohamed Omar: “You have to be willing to improve, listen to what went wrong and practice in these areas so that you can improve your weak points in a subject. Have the willingness to improve even if things look like they aren’t turning out well.
Incredible Russell Group success
Barnhill Sixth Form is also celebrating outstanding Russell Group success in 2020. 28 students (22% of Year 13) secured places at prestigious Russell Group Universities (the UK’s top 24 universities).
- Avleen Manz attained A*A*AA in Accounting, Mathematics, Further Mathematics and Economics. She will read Economics at University College London (UCL).
- Samira Harhouf attained A*A*A* in English Literature, History and Philosophy & Ethics. She will read Law at the London School of Economics (LSE), University of London.
- Tauheed Khan attained A*A*A* in Mathematics, Further Mathematics and Physics. He will read Mechanical Engineering at University College London (UCL).
- Mohamed Ali attained A*AA in Business, Chemistry and Mathematics. He will read Medicine at the University of Manchester.
- Vishal Thaper attained ABB in Accounting, Business and Economics. Vishal was selected for a place on a prestigious sponsored degree programme by accountancy firm KPMG International.