School governors are a vital part of our school and this is your opportunity to join the governing body and be able to support the school to provide the best possible education for its pupils.
The governing body …
- sets the strategic direction, objectives, targets and policies
- reviews progress against plans and targets
- acts as a critical friend to the head teacher by providing support and challenge
The governing body has a strategic role as opposed to operational role. This helps the governing body focus on their key roles of setting strategic direction, ensuring accountability, and monitoring and evaluation to promote school improvement and raise standards and achievement.
There are two ways that you can become a member of our Governing Body:
- Parent Governors - Parents of pupils registered at the school are entitled to stand and we are currently recruiting for a Parent Governor. Details can be found on the letter attached. (please upload letter attached to this section of the website as well).
- Co-opted governors are appointed by the Governing Board.
The Governing Board welcomes all applications, in particular for any candidates with the following areas of expertise or skills:
- Finance experience
- HR experience
- Links with the local community
- Special education needs experience and skills
If you would like information on the role of a governor or to apply please email the clerk, Kate Boulter at kboulter@MLP.org.uk
Below is a list of Barnhill’s current Governors:
|Mrs J Smith||Co-opted|
|Mr R Middleton||Co-opted|
|Ms J Knight||Co-opted|
|Mr R Loganayagam||Co-opted|
|Mr J Dhot||Co-opted|
|Ms K Bozetka||Parent|
|Mr M Liddell||Staff|
|Mr J Jones||Ex officio | Headteacher of Barnhill|
Clerk to Trust Kate Boulter can be contacted via email@example.com