Return to Teaching
If you have Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) and are thinking of re-joining the teaching profession, Barnhill Community High School and the Lampton LWA SCITT provide a bespoke support package to meet your needs.
Places are available in the following EBACC subjects:
For the purposes of this pilot, returning teachers are those that:
- Have qualified teacher status (QTS).
- Have QTLS and have a membership with the Education and Training Foundation (ETF).
- Aren’t currently holding a permanent or fixed-term teaching post in a state-maintained or independent School or College in England.
- Are not currently barred / banned from teaching and do not have a previous conviction (spent or unspent) that would prevent them from working with children.
- Teachers who wish to return to teach part- or full-time, on a permanent or temporary basis.
- Are qualified teachers that have previously worked in further education but are not currently working in the further education sector.
- Qualified teachers that have previously worked in, or currently work in, higher education.
- Teachers who have had a teaching post in the past (regardless of how long ago) and are now working outside of teaching.
- Teachers that are not working at all (i.e. are parents / carers and / or are unemployed). However, this doesn’t include teachers returning from an official period of maternity or paternity leave as their leave will be part of their current employment contract.
- Teachers who are currently supply teaching, but are not employed by, or have a contract with, a school.
- Teachers who have previously taught, but not currently teaching, in the Primary sector.
- Teachers who aren’t currently teaching but have previously taught in the independent sector.
- Teachers who gained their QTS in England but are currently teaching outside of the UK or have taught overseas, and are planning to / have now returned to England to teach.
- Teachers from overseas, as long as they are qualified to teach in England (i.e. have QTS).
- Teachers that have been qualified for at least a year (excluding NQT’s) but have never taught.
For more information, please contact:
T: 020 8839 0651